Creative Career Days: ‘You Can’t Have Art Without…?’
The National Pavilion UAE – La Biennale di Venezia is participating in Jameel Arts Centre’s Creative Career Days: ‘You Can’t Have Art Without…?’.
… everything else. Taking place on October 8, 9 and 10, 2023, we invite all high-schoolers, university students, families, teachers and eager young professionals to join us at Jameel Art Centre, Dubai’s hub for contemporary art and ideas, for the UAE’s annual festival devoted to exploring your future in the arts
If you’re a curious mind, this is the perfect opportunity to meet and engage with professionals and industry specialists through a full programme of talks, workshops, portfolio reviews, one-to-one sessions, tours, career consultation sessions and more!
This free event is supported by the Ministry of Youth & Culture.
Learn more and RSVP through the following link
Come meet the National Pavilion UAE team in Booth 11 in Zone 3 to learn more about the pavilions exhibitions and the Venice Internship. The team will also be participating in the below interactive events;
Talk: “Multidisciplinary Approaches to Working in the Creative Industry”
Sunday, October 8: 1:15 pm – 2:00 pm
• Laila Binbrek (Director, National Pavilion UAE – La Biennale di Venezia)
• Emina Osmandzikovic (Manager of Strategic Storytelling, Salama bint Hamdan Al Nahyan Foundation)
• Khalid Al Blooshi (Strategic Partnerships Specialist at Early Childhood Authority)
• Sultan Al Ramahi (Senior Ideation Manager at Miral)
Writing about Architecture” hosted by Yosr Sherbiny (Founder, Wri.chi.tects.)
Sunday, October 8: 11:15 am – 12:15 pm
• Limited capacity: Register here
• In this skills based workshop hosted by National Pavilion – UAE La Biennale di Venezia, budding writers, architects and curious individuals discuss how we can challenge and change narratives about urban and rural environments. Participants learn how to write and discuss architecture beyond buildings. The workshop also covers career pathways in arts and culture for those outside of the realm of “artists” or having studied degrees in fine art. This workshop is recommended for architecture students, writers and curious individuals.
Meet the Professionals Session:
- Date and Time: Tuesday, October 10: 9:15 am – 9:30 am
- Open to all
Speed Interviews Session:
- Date and Time: Tuesday, October 10: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Open to all:First-come-first-serve
Experience an opportunity to participate in swift interviews that could lead you to volunteer, intern or work in leading arts organizations based in the UAE. Engage in these rapid-fire conversations with industry experts and gain invaluable practice in showcasing your abilities and skills. These interviews are conducted by renowned industry experts, allowing participants to expand their professional network and foster connections in the creative sector.
Portfolio Reviews Session:
Dates and Times:
- Sunday, October 8: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Monday, October 9: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 10: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Open to all: First-come-first-serve
In these one-to-one mentoring sessions located at Jameel Library, students receive feedback from industry experts from leading arts organizations on developing their portfolios for residencies, university programs and professional opportunities. These experts mentor students to hone their skills and offer invaluable critique and guidance. Be sure to bring along your portfolios, CV’s and cover letters!