13 March 2013
My name is Adel Al Jabri, I am a jaded 24 year old with a decent amount of grey hair. I work for the Abu Dhabi Film Festival as a junior programmer and coordinator focusing on short films and student films from the six GCC nations.
Three things no one knows about you, but should perhaps?
- I have a short attention span, but will never show it.
- My younger sister teaches me how to cook.
- I have a secret desire to be cast as the suave main villain in a film or play. I think villains are so much cooler than heroes.
Three ways of defining art as you see it
- if civilisation were a physical human being, the arts would be his or her 5 senses.
- Art is an expression. Not a medium. The medium the art is displayed in is merely a vessel.
- Art is a prolific and symbolic way of preserving our presence in this world.
Three reasons why you applied for the venice internship program
- To expose myself to something other than film festivals.
- Cultural exchange and education
- To gain the grand experience that I know this internship will provide and using it to drive my career forward. I have a very firm belief that this internship will be the introduction to a new chapter in my life.
Three assumptions you have about Venice, Italy or Italians..
- Venice is a one of a kind city in the world.
- Venetians have a different cuisine than the traditional Italian cuisine, I am curious to try it!
- Italians are some of the friendliest and most animated people in the world. Just my type of people